I'm Wally Leipart, an educational leader striving to make every day count!
Wally Leipart's Bio:
Wally Leipart's Bio:
It is my passion to encourage and support others to achieve their goals in learning and life. I create an effective school environment that is focused on success by identifying why education is important and worthwhile; what learning looks like; what schools do well; what's in it for others when the learning enviornment increases student engagement; and, how results are achieved through continuous improvement.
I want to motivate, engage and empower administrators and teachers to be highly effective as they pursue their goals in leadership, learning, and life.
Wally Leipart's Experience:
Superintendent/K-4 Principal at School District of Gilman2017 - Present | Gilman, WI
Instructional Leadership - Development of high quality result based Professional Learning Communities (PLC's), Identification of Esssential Understandings and Essential Learning Targets, Curriculum and Grade Level Alignment Leadership Development – a learner-centered focus, leadership coaching, evidence-based leadership, lean principles, continuous improvement, priority-based budgeting, and policy governance Staff Development – training for on-boarding/mentorship, goal setting, policy implementation, human resource services, instructional design, and professional development Project Management – manage projects from concept to implementation. Projects included technology, software implementation, organizational structure, administrative structure, policy development, strategic planning, instructional design, and curriculum development Financial Leadership – Long-range financial planning, eliminated million dollar deficits while stimulating growth and opportunities for students and staff Human Capital Administration – leadership and guidance of HR department in employee recruitment, hiring, on-boarding, retention, records management, employee investigation, FMLA, safety and wellness, OSHA regulations, Worker Compensation, and employee handbooks
Superintendent at Sisseton School District 54-22016 - 2017 | Sisseton, South Dakota
• Administrative Leadership: Provide leadership to the Board of Education, Administration, and Staff during a mid-year leadership transition and development of district procedures and processes • Financial Leadership: Identification of current expenditures for the establishment of priority-based budgeting and development of an annual budget • Leadership Development: Design a leadership team professional learning community that increases collaboration and cross-training of district services • Strategic Planning: Establish annual district goals and long-range planning with the Board, Administration, Staff and Community with a learner-centered focus • Emergency Response/Crisis Planning: Oversite of crisis response to a mechanical fire at the elementary that required the evacuation of 500 students and 100 staff members; Incident commander for District services throughout the process; Leadership during the development of an alternative instructional facilities plan while the elementary school was unavailable to students; Communications and Information throughout the process to all stakeholders
Superintendent at Merrill Area Public Schools2013 - 2016 | Merrill, WI
• Adult Learning/Professional Development: Facilitated Evidence Based Leadership • Leadership Development: Studer Education Partner District • Instructional Design/Project Management: Led the transformation of a District from a traditional instructional model to a personalized learner-centered approach • Policy Governance: Guided the Board of Education through policy development and governance • Strategic Planning: Provided on-going development of Board visions and goals for learning that has led to priority based budgeting • Project Management: Successfully implemented a 1 to 1 technology plan with iPads grades K-8 and iPad Pros grades 9-12. • Project Management: Turned around a virtual charter school that was identified in need of improvement by DPI and is now a model for effective virtual instruction serving over 600 students across the state. • Human Capital Administration: Provided leadership and guidance of HR department in employee recruitment, hiring, on-boarding, retention, records management, employee investigation, FMLA, safety and wellness, OSHA regulations, Worker Compensation, and employee handbooks • Contract Negotiations: Led negotiations of all contracted services for the District totaling approximately $7,500,000 annually
Adjunct Instructor at Northcentral Technical College2012 - 2013 | Wausau, WI
• Instructor: Supervisory Management Course • Instructor: Legal Issues for Supervisors Course • Course Outcomes: lean principles, quality control, budget development strategies, employee relations, health wellness and safety, building capacity in the workforce and company, setting a vision and mission, establishing goals, how to conduct employee investigations, how to properly document progressive discipline action, FMLA law, employment contracts, libel actions, OSHA compliance, harassment, discrimination, disability, and workman compensation.
Superintendent at School District of Phillips2008 - 2013 | Phillips, WI
• Administrative Leadership: Leadership and guidance of District finances, budget development, and financial strategic planning • Financial Leadership: Interim business manager, closed a $2,000,000 deficit, restructured long-term debt that provided long-term budget relief • Administrative Leadership: Leadership and guidance of Transportation Department • Professional Development/Staff Training: Lead administrator on Staff Development Team that has utilized the talents of teachers to train other teachers in best practices and statewide initiatives • Professional Development/Staff Training/Project Management: Implemented Build Your Own Curriculum, Math Expressions, Common Core and Educator Effectiveness • Project Management: Led District through reorganization of central services and finance department • Strategic Planning: Facilitated the development of a District strategic plan • Instructional Design: Developed Leaders Academy which is a partnership with Northcentral Technical College and community businesses through dual enrollment programs for students in high need fields • Human Capital Administration: Provided leadership and guidance of HR department in employee recruitment, hiring, on-boarding, retention, records management, employee investigation, FMLA, safety and wellness, OSHA regulations, Worker Compensation • Human Capital Administration: Implemented an employee handbook that fosters mutual respect between staff and the Board of Education while fitting within the District’s financial goals • Contract Negotiations: Successfully negotiated collective agreements with 5 bargaining groups during Act 10 implementation
Principal at School District of Loyal2005 - 2008 | Loyal, WI
• Project Management/Curriculum Design: Implemented curriculum mapping and Character Education Program • Instructional Design: Sought effective alternative placements to meet student needs • Instructional Design: Collaborated with NTC and created a welding certificate program for high school students • Human Capital: Utilized Principal Advisory Committee • Administrative Function: Curriculum Director, Equity Officer, Professional Development Team, Co-Athletic Director • Policy Development: Key policy Anti-Bullying and Harassment Policy.
Teacher at School District of Colby2000 - 2005 | Colby, WI
• Instruction: 8-12 Social Studies, Psychology, AP Psychology, Sociology, and US History • Strategic Planning: Chairperson of steering committee that created a high school mission statement • Curriculum Design: Created a teacher resource packet to improve academic achievement on 10th grade WKCE scores. • Coaching: Head Varsity Wrestling Coach
Assistant Supervisor at Woodland Youth and Family Services1996 - 2000 | Cornell, WI
• Supervised adjudicated teens • Errors in Thinking Instructor • Maintained contact with parents, social workers, schools, and law enforcement as required by the program.
Wally Leipart's Education:
Cardinal Stritch University2016 – 2019Ph.D.Concentration: Leadership for the Advancement of Learning and ServiceActivities: The Doctorate in Leadership for the Advancement of Learning and Service prepares students to make significant contributions to their organization and community. The course of study is designed for educators, professionals, and researchers representing all disciplines and professions. The program’s ultimate goal is to transform individuals, organizations and communities in ways that can enhance the quality of life for society as a whole. http://www.stritch.edu/docl/
Winona State University2007 – 2011Administrative LeadershipConcentration: Superintendent LicenseActivities: 48 credits beyond 2nd Master Degree
Marian University2003 – 2005MA = Educational LeadershipConcentration: Principal and Director of Special Education and Pupil Services
University of Wisconsin, LaCrosse2001 – 2003MA = Professional DevelopmentConcentration: Instructional Design
Mount Senario College1996 – 1999BA = EducationConcentration: Social Studies, History, Sociology, Psychology
Wally Leipart's Interests & Activities:
Walter Leipart's Interests: Evidence-Based Leadership, Continuous Improvement, Priority-Based Budgeting, Strategic Planning, Goal Setting, Project Management, Organizational Development, Organizational Leadership, Public Relations, Success Principles, Instructional Design, Personalized Learning, Curriculum Development, Safety Planning, Crisis Response Personal Interests: Fishing, Hiking, Bike Riding, Hunting, Geocahing, Baseball, Football, Wrestling, High School Sports, Spending Time With Family